Copyright Protection: Notice and Takedown
Our posts are covered under Fair Use of the U.S. Copyright Act, sections 107-118.
We always make our best effort to link to the source of the content and, when there is a product sold in correlation with the content, to make sure we send people there so that sales increase. We are committed to safeguard the intellectual property rights of others, and expect our users and business partners to do the same. Any creative material used in the Site is ensured to be lawfully licensed and authorized. However, we cannot fully guarantee at all times that the licensors of any creative materials are fully authorized for such use.
However, we understand that some people don’t want extra publicity. Lighterminds.com is in compliance with the 17 U.S.C. * 512 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) which allows copyright holders to request removal of the content by providing evidence they are the copyright holder and that the post is infringing upon the copyright.
If your copyrighted material has been posted on Lighter Minds and you want it removed, you can reach out to: [email protected] with the necessary information, and we will remove the content.
Please be aware that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you misrepresent information listed on our site that is infringing on your copyrights.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, we will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Platform that are reported to our designated Copyright Agent, identified in the sample notice below.
If you or anyone of your behalf believe that their intellectual property rights have been infringed upon, please follow our notice and takedown procedure, as follows:
- Submission of notice to remove copyrighted content
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with a written notice containing the following information:
- Your name, address, telephone number or email address (if any).
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- A description of where on the Site the material that you claim is infringing may be found, sufficient for us to locate the material (e.g., the URL of the Site).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- Your electronic or physical signature.
Please submit the afore listed information to our copyright agent at: [email protected]; our agent will investigate your notice in a reasonable period of time, including by locating and reaching out to the party who uploaded the content.
- Submission of counter notice to restore removed content
If you believe that your material or Content have been removed by mistake or misidentification, please provide us with a written counter-notification containing the following information:
- Your name, address, and telephone number or email address.
- A description of the material that was removed and the location on the Site (e.g., the URL) where it previously appeared.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the competent courts in the city of Limassol for the judicial, or if your address is outside of the Cyprus, any judicial district in which we may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who filed the original DMCA notice or an agent of that person.
- Your electronic or physical signature.
Please submit the afore listed information to our copyright agent at: [email protected]; our agent will investigate your notice in a reasonable period of time, including by locating and reaching out to the Publisher who upload the content.
Please note that we will send any complete counter-notifications we receive to the person who submitted the original DMCA notice. That person may elect to file a lawsuit against you for copyright infringement. If we do not receive notice that a lawsuit has been filed within ten (10) business days after we provide notice of your counter-notification, we will restore the removed materials. Until that time, your materials will remain removed. We will provide a copy of the original DMCA takedown notice upon request.
In filing your notice or counter-notification, please make sure that you have complied with all of the above requirements. If we request additional information necessary to make your DMCA notice or counter-notification complete, please provide that information promptly. If you fail to comply with all of these requirements, your DMCA notice or counter-notification may not be processed further.
In addition, please make sure that all of the information you provide is accurate. We may disclose any communications concerning DMCA notices or other intellectual property complaints with third parties, including the Publisher or end user who have posted the allegedly infringing material.
For any question please reach out to: [email protected]